Cumberland Falls Bourbon is produced by Owensboro Distilling at the Green River Distillery. Owensboro Distilling Company is another name for the gift shop at the Green River Distillery. I saw a bottle of this Bourbon at Westport Whiskey & Wine the other day and picked it up to review. Here are our tasting notes.
Cumberland Falls Bourbon
Age: Four Years Old
- Mike: Vanilla, corn, a hint of apples and oak wood.
- Matt: Vanilla, corn husk, prunes and oak wood.
- Mike: Vanilla, apples, nutmeg, tobacco leaf and oak wood. Tasted with a dried cranberry, the vanilla is enhanced and a citrus note comes out. Tasted with a pecan, the apple and citrus notes dominate the flavor.
- Matt: Vanilla, cherries and cinnamon spice leads into some oak wood. The dried cranberry enhances the vanilla and cherry. The pecan brings our notes of a chocolate covered cherry and buttered pecans.
- Mike: Medium long with oak, tobacco and spice. The dried cranberry made the finish longer with some lingering citrus notes. The pecan added a note of chocolate to the finish.
- Matt: Long and buttery with a note of cinnamon. The dried cranberry made the finish lighter with a minimum of oak and spice. The pecan made the finish longer with oak, tobacco and peppery spice.
I would pair this Bourbon with a cigar with earthy tobacco notes and vanilla in the smoke. I would reach for a NUB Habano cigar.
Photos Courtesy of Rosemary Miller