The Bridge Series are whiskeys from the J.K. Williams Distillery in Peoria, Illinois. Matt and I tasted the Bourbon and Rye Whiskeys from this distillery and liked them. They sent me a sample bottle of their wheat whiskey and we tasted it the other day. We liked it as well. This is a distillery making good whiskey.
Bridge Series American Wheat Whiskey
Age: No Age Statement
- Mike: Very soft and delicate nose. Vanilla and baking spices with a little freshly mowed hay and sweet oak wood.
- Matt: Vanilla with blueberries and baking spices with a little sweet oak wood.
- Mike: Vanilla sugar cookies with a little baking spice. Tasted with a dried cranberry and the vanilla becomes a caramel and the spice is allspice. Tasted with a pecan and chocolate and caramel notes come forward and the spice becomes a floral white pepper.
- Matt: A blueberry tart with vanilla cream and sweet oak wood. The dried cranberry gives it the flavor of blueberry pie with baking spices –allspice and nutmeg. Very enjoyable! The pecan brings out creamy caramel and a hint of tobacco, but the fruit is lost in the process.
- Mike: Short and sweet with vanilla and a touch of sweet oak wood. The dried cranberry made the finish longer and added a note of baking spices. The pecan made the finish longer and dried with dark chocolate and pepper spice joining the dry oak wood.
- Matt: Medium long with baking spices and oak. The dried cranberry gave a note of tart fruit to the wood and spice. The pecan made the finish very pleasant with notes of peanut butter, caramel, oak and pepper.
The first cigar I thought of when I drank this whiskey was a Nat Sherman Timeless Pan Americana Gordo with the rich tobacco, vanilla and a touch of cedar spice in the smoke.
Photos Courtesy of Rosemary Miller